For 2020, the Twelve Beers of Christmas is relating beers to real estate. That's right, we're celebrating Christmas with the Twelve Beers of Buying a House. We'll relate a beer to each of 12 phases of buying a house. You'll find out the phases during the Twelve Beers of Christmas, but for now, here are the prompts or categories for your Twelve Beers. That way you can buy a beer from your market and drink along with me.
Sunday, January 5, 2020
The brewery is only 30 minutes from Cabo San Lucas and Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo Cantina. Next time you're on the beach, wheather you're in Meixco or not, grab a Cabotella instead of the margarita. But if you see Sammy, you might want to go for the margarita instead.
- Appearance: Crystal clear gold with a thin head
- Aroma: Light orange aroma with vanilla and bread dough
- Taste: A bit sweet with a touch of orange and a little biscuit.
- Feel: Mildly acidic with a dry finish. Crisp with lots of carbonation
- Brewer: Baja Brewing Company
- Location: San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
- Website: https://www.bajabrewingcompany.com/
- Style: American Blonde Ale
- Alcohol Content: 5.5%
Saturday, January 4, 2020
Xingu (pronounced shin-goo) is a 20th century beer based upon a recipe from 1557. That original recipe called for corn and yuca to be used in the beer.
- Appearance: Deep chestnut brown
- Aroma: Chocolate and licorice
- Taste: Less extreme than the dark color would make you think. Chocolate and licorice in the flavor, too, along with mild coffee and grass. A bit earthy and a bit sweet.
- Feel: Creamy like cream soda
- Brewer: Cervejaria Kaiser
- Location: Jacarei, Brazil
- Website: http://www.xingubeer.com/
- Style: Schwarzbier
- Alcohol Content: 4.7%
Friday, January 3, 2020
When I think Guinness, I always think of Guinness Stout. From now on, I'll definitely think Guinness the next time I want something light, too.
- Appearance: Hazy straw with lots of chunky floaters
- Aroma: Lemons, bananas, white pepper, coriander, cloves, cracker
- Taste: Yeast, graham cracker, banana, a little lemon, and a little pepper
- Feel: Creamy texture, medium body
Thursday, January 2, 2020
Blah blah blah say something.
- Appearance: Black, just like used motor oil
- Aroma: Dark chocolate, medium roast coffee, and figs
- Taste: Not as heavy and filling as you'd think. Medium-heavy body. Lightly sweet. Lingering bitterness in the aftertaste.
- Feel: Good carbonation.
- Brewer: Harviestoun Brewery
- Location: Alva, Scotland
- Website: https://harviestoun.com/
- Style: English Porter
- Alcohol Content: 6.0%
Wednesday, January 1, 2020
Fuller's ESB is a style icon and the original Extra Special Bitter.
- Appearance: Deep brassy amber with a minimal head
- Aroma: Yogurtsweet malt, a fancy toffee
- Taste: Sweet & rich caramel malt, a bit earthy, and a touch of berry fruitiness. The aftertaste is a bit like orange marmalade.
- Feel: Smooth with low carbonation and a medium body
- Brewer: Fuller Smith & Turner
- Location: London, England
- Website: https://www.fullers.co.uk/
- Style: Extra Special Bitter
- Alcohol Content: 5.9%